Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A New Perspective

Lizzy here,
So I've spent a lot of time thinking about myself lately. This morning I woke up to find out that a family member had passed away. It was far from unexpected but a shock none the less. I was stunned. How can I sit here and spend this much time complaining about my life, my relationship, my hair when there are people so much worse off than myself? My heart goes out to her children, to her husband, her mother. I think it's time I got my priorities in check, this is getting absurd. No matter how bad it gets, there is always, always, always someone worse off and I think it would do everyone some good to remember that. As painful as it sounds, in the shadow of death, life goes on and so we continue day to day, time won't slow down even though it seems as though it should. Prayers are welcomed and I hope everyone appreciates the things in life just a little bit more. I'm certainly trying to.


Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment